Twice per year the BCIT Business Operations Management Program, in cooperation with our Industry Partners, place teams of students into those organizations to work on real-world process improvement projects. These are very much like the CSI shows you see on TV. A “crime scene” (business issue) is investigated using operations management forensic tools, “key suspects” are identified and those with alibis are eliminated leading to the final “arrest and sentencing” of the real cause of the issue.
Join us on the evening of Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 for a look inside an actual CSI operations improvement project as Austin Wilkins, Carla Eboni and Fareed Bajwa, three BCIT Business Operations Management CSI Technicians in training, profile their Fall 2016 operations improvement project which was conducted at Kerry Canada in Delta.
In addition to the student team presentation, three Industry Leaders in the application of “Business CSI” will be presenting how they use operations management skills to improve business operations in their organizations:
- David Muncaster (National Manager, Continuous Improvement) Staples Canada
- Jaclyn Chang (Program Manager, Continuous Improvement) STEMCELL Technologies Inc.
- Scott Lamon (Continuous Improvement Manager) London Drugs
Attending the 7th Annual Industry Showcase event will be a great opportunity for you to not only extend your network by meeting other Industry Professionals, BCIT Business Operations Management Alumni (and soon to be graduating Business Operations Management CSI Professionals) but also to:
- Connect with BCIT student consulting teams who are available to help you improve your business operations
- Find out how you can apply Business CSI in your organization
- Learn about the benefits of becoming a professional member of our partner professional associations (such as APICS)
We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 (there will be a complimentary soft bar, snacks, refreshments, and a variety of door prizes). If you are able to attend please register so that a name tag can be prepared for you.